BluePlaylist – iPhone Developer Intern
BluePlaylist is a rapidly growing on-demand music service available on both the web and mobile devices. With thousands of users worldwide, users can listen to all of their favorite music from our extensive database of over 1 million songs, organize their music into specialized playlists, share their music collection with others, and discover new music through social connections. At BluePlaylist, we believe that discovering, sharing, and listening to music should be simple, convenient, and fun.
BluePlaylist is currently looking for an iPhone app developer whose main responsibilities will include:
- Taking some design specifications and creating an aesthetically pleasing UI (with some liberty)
- Working with XML to communicate with the backend server
- Creating various data structures to store downloaded information such as playlist data to then display in the UI
- Writing/reading persistent data to be stored in a local SQLite relational database
- Implementing audio playback and streaming controls
- Handling system file structures to cache downloaded mp3 files for playback at a later time
- Objective-C and Xcode
- Understanding of basic frameworks for audio, data, etc.
- XML parsing
- Graphical experience (Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience creating iPhone/iPad apps in the past
Preference given to those who are also skilled in any of the following:
- Developing for iPad
Because we are a very small team, our working environment is very casual, and once you are set, you can work from home if you choose. Expect, however, to report/show your progress about every week or two. We will also work together to create various milestones and goals along the way. We also love new ideas! So if you have some, share them with us! Since you will be creating an iPhone app from scratch, you will be given a lot of liberty with this project.
This internship offers credit.
Please use the form below to send us your application.